Meet the Team
Dr. Sharon Tatum PT, DPT, MPT, CCTT
Certified Cervical & Temporomandibular Therapist (CCTT)
By the Physical Therapy Board of Craniofacial & Cervical Therapeutics (ptbcct.org)
Sharon is a Physical Therapist with over 25 years of patient experience in multiple settings. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Temple University. She then earned her Master’s and Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy from Rutgers University and University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
Besides treating all sports, neurological, and orthopedic disorders and diseases, she has additional specialized education in the treatment of the following.
- CCTT Board Certification for Headaches, neck, and jaw pain
- Spine and pelvic pain
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pregnancy and Post-Partum related musculoskeletal pain
- Prevention and Treatment of Rowing, Running, Martial Arts and Dance Injuries
She takes a whole-body approach in identifying the root cause of each patient’s unique issue resulting in pain. Sharon’s ultimate goal is empowering her patients with the Knowledge it takes to self-manage and prevent further occurrences.
I will provide you with an exceptional level of service with attention to detail so that I can identify, treat, and empower you to prevent a recurrence of your problem in the future. I am Driven To Heal, and especially for those that have lost hope in their situation.
My goal is to make life easier for you by giving you specialized, one-hour long treatment at a location of your choice. Due to my diligence and care, most of my clients heal quickly in a short number of visits; many have healed in less than 5 visits. Some of my patients that have contemplated surgery have canceled their surgery following their physical therapy treatment with me. Having experienced chronic pain myself, I know exactly what it takes to heal mentally and physically, and consider it my God given gift to impart this Hope and Healing to you.
I would be honored to serve you and Hope to see you OnBoard for A Moving Experience.
Sharon enjoys volunteering her time and skills in the following ways:
- FIRST Robotics STEM Outreach Volunteer Coordinator for FTC Team 7244 Out of the Box Robotics
- Assistant Crew Coach Volunteer at Devon Preparatory High School Crew Team.
- Chester Valley Dance Academy Volunteer for Injury prevention and Pre-Pointe strengthening for dancers.
- Clinic Volunteer Supervisor of Physical Therapy students at Widener University’s Chester Community Clinic.
- Head of Schuylkill Volunteer for pre-race warm-ups for Vanguard Crew Team, 2015 and 2016.
- Doctoral Degree of Physical Therapy – University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- Master’s Degree of Physical Therapy – Rutgers University and University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Psychology – Temple University.
Specialized Focused Training and Certifications Post Graduate School
- Craniomandibular and Cervical Spine Certified Cervical and Temporomandibular Therapist (CCTT). The only CCTT in PA.
- Dance Therapy Certification
- Women’s Health: (Pregnancy, Postpartum, Urinary Incontinence, Pelvic Pain, Osteoporosis)
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Massage (Hawk Grips Certification)
- Balance Wear Vest Fitting (Motion Therapeutics)
- United States Rowing (Level 1 and 2) Crew Coach Certification
- Running Injury Treatment and Prevention
- Dynamic Taping
- Boating Certification
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Direct Access Licensure in Pennsylvania. Direct Access licensure allows a Physical Therapist to provide evaluation and treatment for up to 30 days for any musculoskeletal injury or disease without the referral or prescription of a physician.
Specialized Sports Medicine Focus Post Graduate School
- Crew (Sweep rowing and Sculling)
- Martial Arts (Tang Soo Do and Tae Kwon Do)
Specialized Performing Arts Focus Post Graduate School
- Dance (Ballet)
- Physical Therapy School Laboratory Assistant and Examiner
- Sports Medicine
- Rehabilitation Hospitals
- Neurology (for individuals with Spinal Cord, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Concussion Injuries)
- Schools – Pediatrics and Adolescents
Sharon also enjoys teaching physical therapy students, and has responsibilities at St. Joseph’s University and Widener University. She feels honored to impart her knowledge to the future physical therapists.
- Certified Cervical & Temporomandibular Therapist (CCTT)
- Dance Therapy Certification
- Physical Therapy Licensure in PA since 1998
- Direct Access Provider since 2013
- United States Rowing Association Crew Coach Level 2 certification, 2020
- Premise Health Champion Award, December 2020
- IASTM and Dynamic Tape Certification, 2015
- American Heart Certification in adult/child CPR
- American Heart Certification in adult/child First Aid
- Pre and Post Natal Fitness Certification, 2007
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association since 1994, Section member of Orthopedics, Women’s Health, and prior member of Pediatrics and Private Practice